Thursday, March 12, 2009

my feelings about marriage in general

so, first of all, i decided to change the name of my blog from "let's talk intimacy" to "everything i know about marriage" because i realized i wanted to write about more things than just marital intimacy, though that is one of the main reasons i started this blog.

i am not sure why i feel so strongly about marriage, maybe because i know it's something God wants for all of us. i feel very strongly that God intended for a man and a woman to be married, not only to have children, but also for the companionship and to learn principles we can only learn as a married couple.

marriage to me is just a great thing, i have always striven for, and now that i have been married for almost six years to my husband, i know that continuing to keep the marriage strong and alive is so important to both of us and to our children.

i feel that the key to a strong marriage lies in unconditional love, open communication, forgiveness, trust, honor, and intimacy. my husband and i have always been very honest with each other about anything, even if i sometimes am embarrassed to tell him about my deepest thoughts and feelings. i know he respects and loves me even more for being so open with him.

some may think that keeping some things secret is okay, and makes you somewhat mysterious to your husband, but i have found that honesty and openness is always the best policy. it has made our love for each other stronger over the years and i am grateful for that.

please share with me what you think the keys to a strong marriage are in the comments section, or you can email me at naomi.witcher@gmail.com. i'd love to hear from you.

hugs and love,
naomi carmen*

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I've seen some friends and family members keep secrets from their husbands -- even small ones -- and I remember thinking before I even met my husband, "I DON'T want to be like that."

    BTW, you should put a thingie on here so I can be a follower! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lois, your wish is my command, now you can become my follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete